Saturday, January 18, 2014

Swedish Meatballs - Bork Bork Bork !

I know, I know....Bork! Bork ! Bork !... cliche and a stereotype but who doesn't love the Swedish Chef !? This was my first time making Swedish meatballs.  I haven't made them before because they are kind of like making, spaghetti & meatballs .. you'll get around to making them some day. The day has come and they were delish.  Don’t know why I waited. So simple too !


Prepare you favorite meatballs recipe or try this one :

Meatballs : 
1lb beef
1lb pork
½ cup melted butter
½ cup plain bread crumbs
1 large egg
½ fine minced, onion
2-3 tablespoon of parsley
1 tsp nutmeg
S & P

add flour to the pan, cook 1 minute

 that extra flavour !

cook until thick & creamy

How To :

For the Cream Sauce :

Saute 2 strips of bacon, minced
Then add 1 tsp minced garlic
To the same pan, add 2 TB of butter and 2 TB of flour, blend.
To the same pan, then  add :
1 cup half /half or cream
½ cup sour cream
Splash of Worcestershire sauce
1 cup of beef stock
¼ tsp of all spice
¼ tsp of nutmeg
** you don’t have to do this step but I did.  I added 1 tsp of  “ Better than Boullion”  beef paste.  Just a little amped the flavour up.

Add meatballs to sauce, toss lightly.

Chop some fresh parsley and sprinkle over meatballs.  Mashed potatoes or noodle go great with this.

ENJOY EVERY BITE !

No comments:

Post a Comment