Monday, October 19, 2015

Asian Style Short Ribs




Braised Short Ribs is one of my favorite meals.  It is the ultimate comfort food for me and one of my go-to dinner party menus.  I  cook it with the usual red wine and beef stock but was getting tired of those ingredients. I love Asian flavors  and I love this recipe.

This is for two persons.

Ingredients :

4 large short ribs, bone in.

1 cup of beef stock
2 TB of Sweet Soy
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 tsp  minced ginger
1 tsp minced lemongrass ( I used the tube of lemongrass found in the produce section)
1 TB minced garlic
1 Tb Hoisin sauce
1/2 tsp 5-spice


Oven 375.


In a small dutch oven, drizzle olive oil on the bottom on the pot, generously sprinkle each rib with fresh cracked pepper.  Sear on each side until golden brown, about 2 minutes a per side.

Add the remainder of the ingredients to the pot.  Cover.  Cook for 1 hour 45 minutes with the lid on.

Take lid of and cook for 15 minutes more with the lid OFF.  The sauce will reduce and the ribs will caramelize.















I served this with horseradish mashed potatoes and sesame oil glazed asparagus.



No comments:

Post a Comment