Monday, October 17, 2011

Roasted Vegetable Lasagne

 (Sigh) I am going vegetarian for the next month to see if I will REALLY miss meat in my diet.  I cannot do without fish or cheese, so I cannot say I am going  vegetarian. But... if you do see a meat recipes on here, it's from an previous meal  I wrote about - promise.  My first recipe, I didn't do anything too veggie crazy.. there is cheese in this Roasted Vegetable Lasagne.  I thought roasted the vegetables would give the veggies more depth of flavor and goat cheese would be nice as well.  This is made in a loaf dish.


Ingredients :

4 -  no bake lasagne sheets
8 - slices of eggplant
8 - long slice of zucchini
12 - slices of roma tomatoes (I took out any excess seed/pulp)
1    package of mushrooms slices
1 -  red bell pepper
4-6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
cracked black pepper
minced garlic

Marinara sauce

Grated parmesan cheese
fine shredded mozzarella cheese
crumbled goat cheese

* I didn't measure the amount of cheese I put on, I just sprinkled in between the layers. Use as much or little as you like.




How To : 

In a pan, with some olive oil, add garlic and sautee mushroms.  Set aside.

Drizzle the eggplant, zucchini and red bell pepper with olive oil and cracked black pepper.

Grilled both sides until some nice grill marks are there, remove - Don' t over cooked on grill.


* When I took the bell pepper off the grill, I diced the pepper so I could sprinkle it in between the lasagne layers.


Assembly:

by layer:
1 spread some marinara sauce
2 lasagne sheet
3  place two zucchini layers
4 places two eggplant slices
5 sprinkle the goat cheese
6 sprinkle some mushroom
7 drizzle some marinara sauce
8 sprinkle some chopped basil
9 place tomato slices
10 sprinkle some mozzarella and parmesan cheese

Repeat layers. 

I finished the top layer with marinara sauce, sliced tomotoes, drizzle with olive oil and a parmesan and bread crumb mixture.


 ENJOY EVERY BITE.. I DID

No comments:

Post a Comment